At Bethel, we strive to connect people to God and to one another. Our Adult Ministry offers a variety of opportunities, based on age or interest, for people to interact with one another and grow in their faith.
We have a growing families’ ministry. Each month, our families gather for an event. It might be a baseball or football game, a family movie or game night, or a dinner. We meet in order to grow closer together and be encouraged toward both deeper relationships and caring for those outside of Bethel. These are child-safe events to which anyone can feel comfortable bringing their kids. Keep an eye on the events calendar for the next event!
Adults of All Ages
- Adult Bible Fellowship classes meet at 9:45am on Sunday mornings. The goal of these Bible study classes is to deepen faith and challenge us to serve Christ in real ways in our day-to-day lives.
- Discipleship classes meet to discuss different areas of biblical faithfulness and apply Scripture to our lives. These meet for several weeks at a time periodically throughout the year. They are usually offered at both the 9:45am and 11am service times.
- Prayer Groups meet at 4pm on Wednesdays or 12pm on Saturdays to pray for our church, our city, missions, and the world.
- Life Coaching connects adults of any age with other adults to learn specific skills (taxes, automotive, cooking, etc.) This could be a one-time, short-term, or long-term relationship, depending on need and interest.
- Men’s Bible Study meets at 9am on Mondays. This study is meant to help men develop in their faith and in leadership areas.
- Our monthly Men’s Breakfast meets on the second Saturday each month from 7:30am-9am. We gather for a great breakfast, encouraging fellowship, and challenging teaching.
- Our annual Men’s Retreat occurs every September at Trout Lake Camps (Converge). At camp we grow closer as men of the church, are challenged to know and love Jesus more and serve our families and world better. We also have opportunity to enjoy sports and games of all sorts.
- Various events and projects throughout the year. We always have something going on at Bethel or in the Mankato area. Sometimes these are opportunities for fellowship and fun, and sometimes it’s projects to benefit our church, other churches, local non-profits, or individuals in the community.
- Precepts Bible studies for women. These classes are offered in the spring and fall, and meet at either 9am Tuesdays. These are in-depth Bible studies that seek to not only give information, but apply it to life in meaningful ways. Participants must sign-up prior to class start date and a minimal fee is involved to cover cost of material.
- We host a monthly event to encourage women to connect through fellowship and fun.
- Soul friends meet Monday evening from 6:30 - 8:00pm. We are currently reading and discussing a book titled 'soul friends' and sharing our life stories and journey toward Jesus with one another.
- Stitch and Share is a mission ministry which meets every third Saturday and creates items for ministry partner organizations through sewing, knitting, and crocheting. These items are then distributed to needy people around the world.
- Our annual Women’s Retreat Occurs the last weekend of September at Trout Lake Camps (Converge). This is a great time to get to know other ladies apart from the busyness of life and kids.
Our Empty Nest weekly small group strives to connect mature adults and offer them opportunities to fellowship and serve together. We also plan monthly, fun activities to get to know one another on a personal level.
We host a monthly luncheon for senior adults in order to encourage and support our older adults through fellowship and inspirational teaching. This group meets on the third Wednesday of each month. We also hold several events throughout the year aimed at uplifting and incorporating our seniors.